A Russian Journal
after the iron curtain fell on Eastern Europe John Steinbeck and
acclaimed war photographer, Robert Capa ventured into the Soviet Union
to report for the New York Herald Tribune. This rare opportunity took
the famous travellers not only to Moscow and Stalingrad - now
- but through the countryside of the Ukraine and the Caucasus. A
RUSSIAN JOURNAL is the distillation of their journey and remains a
remarkable memoir and unique historical document.
Steinbeck and Capa
recorded the grim realities of factory workers, government clerks, and
peasants, as they emerged from the rubble of World War II.
This is an
intimate glimpse of two artists at the height of their powers, answering
their need to document human struggle
197 x 129 x 15
You can choose between Royal Mail's 24 or 48 hour tracked service in order to receive your items by post.
- 48 hr tracked (2-3 days) on orders bteween 0kg - 2kg is £2.80
- 48 hr tracked (2-3 days) on orders bteween 2kg - 20kg is £3.15
- 24 hr tracked (next working day) on orders bteween 0kg - 2kg is £4.15
- FREE standard delivery for orders over £30
If you live within 10 miles of our bookshop, then we offer free local delivery on all orders, just choose this option at the checkout.
You can also choose to pick up your order for FREE from our shop at:
1 Chaldicott Barns
Saturday : 10am-2pm
We would be delighted to hear from you so please do drop us a line using the form below or alternatively, give us a call on 01747 898247